Inventory Unit Detail
2019 STIHL MS 271 FARM BOSS® - w/18" Bar & Chain
A high-performance, high-tech, fuel-efficient chainsaw.
"I bought this saw since I moved to the east coast to a heavily wooded area and the saw does not disappoint. Starts every time and runs great. Easy on the body as well with its mounting system to absorb vibration. To date the best saw I've ever owned..."
The MS 271 FARM BOSS® replaces the mighty MS 270 with a saw that's loaded with features and technology. It starts with a highly efficient engine that delivers 20% longer run times between refuelings - while cutting exhaust emissions in half compared to the MS 270. There's also a pre-separation air filtration system that's so effective, your air filter can last up to five times longer (now that's high performance). All engineered into one compact, ergonomic design.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Pre-Separation Air Filtration System: This time-saving technology boosts the efficiency of the engine's filter system, doubling the time between air filter cleanings. Air drawn into the engine is first separated via centrifugal force, ejecting the heavier dirt particles before being routed to the air filter. This pre-separation means less dirt to be captured by the air filter, resulting in less frequent cleaning and maintenance.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers Simply lift the lever and twist the caps to remove or tighten. There‘s no need to use a tool to tighten or loosen.
- Displacement: 50.2 cc (3.06 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 2.6 kW (3.49 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 5.6 kg (12.3 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 500 cc (16.9 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 240 cc (8.12 oz.)
- Oilomatic® Chain: 26 RM3
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended Ranges): 40 to 50 cm (16" to 20")STIHL ROLLOMATIC®
- Power Source: Gas
- 3.06 cu. in. (50.2 cc)
- Horse Power
- 3.49 bhp (2.6 kW)
- 12.3 lb. (5.6 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 16 in. to 20 in. (40 to 50 cm)