Inventory Unit Detail
2018 Brinly 40" Tow-behind Dethatcher DT-40BH
The layer of organic material that lies between the surface of your lawn and the soil is known as thatch. Some thatch can be beneficial to protecting the roots, but more than about a half of an inch can literally suffocate your lawn, preventing rain, air, and fertilizer from reaching the soil.
If your lawn has excessive thatch buildup, Brinly's 40" Tow-Behind Dethatcher is the tool for the job. Perfect for small to medium-sized lots, this premium attachment uses 20 flexible spring steel tines to gently comb thatch to the surface where it can be mulched or collected. Choose the Dethatching mode for light dethatching every time you mow, or select the more aggressive Scarify mode for more intensive dethatching action. Also, conveniently accessible from the driver's seat is the wheel engagement lever, which activates the 6" x 1.5" transport wheels for crossing sidewalks and other paved areas.
- Tines: (20) 3/16 in.
- Operating Modes: Dethatch, Scarify, Transport
- Working Width: 40 in.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 40 in. x 40 in. x 33 in.
- Tray Capacity: 70 lb.
- Wheels: 6 in. x 1.5 in.
- Ship Weight: 32 lb.
- Our 40" dethatcher gently combs away dead grass, roots and other lawn debris to the surface, so water, air and nutrients penetrate to the root system.
- The (20) 3/16" diameter triple coil strength spring steel tines guarantee maximum efficiency, durability and thatch removal.
- The 3 operating modes (Dethatch, Scarify & Transport) delivers the right height for the job, whether dethatching, scarifying or crossing walks.
- The heavy-duty steel tine tray design provides maximum durability and holds additional weight when necessary.
- The two rows of independently flexing tines remove dead grass and roots (thatch), opening your root system to water and nutrients.
- Working Width
- 40 in.
- 32 lb.